Sunday 5 February 2012

Liven It Up: Madonna - The Super Bowl Medley



Two Madonna posts in a row?!?! That's madness!!!! Well, not really, considering I had two Martika posts in a row. So, I was actually at rehearsals for a play that I'm going to be in in March, and was unable to watch this when it aired live, but that's why we have PVR and I watched it the minute I got home.

Now, the post about the new music video below wasn't very flattering (I realize), but I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed this performance on the whole, the only thing constructive I can say is that I didn't feel that Like A Prayer fit into the performance. I would have much prefered a song like Holiday or Into The Groove instead, and (as my friend Nicole observed), I thought Madonna was too cool to use a pom pom as a prop. Other than that, I was quite pleased. I didn't even mind the cameo from LMFAO (whom I usually find annoying). It seemed to work.

Conclusion: Not the greatest performance in the world, but certainly entertaining and well paced. 4 out of 5 stars. I think I will go see her in concert again (yah, like that's a surprise).

No comments:

Post a Comment