Friday 6 July 2012

Turn It Up!: Placebo - Running Up That Hill (Music Video)



Today was the first time in a long time that I have listened to a Placebo album. I thought I was only in the mood to hear this song in particular, but once I got listening to their album "Covers" (2003), I just couldn't stop myself.

So obviously, this is a cover song, the original version being by famed piano diva Kate Bush, and while Kate's version is quite upbeat, drum heavy and anthemic, Placebo members Brian Molko and Stefan Olsdal decided to slow it down with an atmospheric synth vibe, giving the track a more haunted feel.

As "Q" Magazine described it,

"sounding more like a Pact with the Devil, than the original "Deal with God!""

Some drunk chick at a karaoke bar once told me that my voice sounded just like "The dude from Placebo". PS. My voice sounds nothing like his, but I wouldn't be insulted if it did. Too many Vodka Cranberries make College Chicks lie! Fun Facts! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment