Wednesday 7 December 2011

Talk To Me: Courtney Love - Barbara Walters Interview (1995)



I've always had a fondness for Courtney Love, even in her worst moments. From all the things that I know about her, I'm not surprised by her personal struggles with drugs and such, but I am very impressed at how she keeps picking herself back up again. We all know that she relapsed into her old behaviour a few years ago, but I'm so glad that she's worked through it and that we have a new Hole album, which I love.

This interview from 1995 is the most vulnerable I have ever seen Courtney, discussing the death of her husband, Nirvana frontman, Kurt Cobain. It was filmed after the success of Hole's "Live Through This" album and as she was about to hit it big in the film industry with her portrayal of Althea Leasure in "The People Vs. Larry Flynt".

No comments:

Post a Comment