Friday 25 May 2012

Turn It Up!: SWV - Co-Sign (Music Video)



Wow! Y'know that saying "Everything comes back eventually"? Well it could not be more true. In the past couple of years I have seen the resurgence of so many music acts that I was a huge fan of as a kid. Just this year, Martika, Wilson Phillips and Roxette have all been releasing new music and heading out on tours, and now I'm so happy to see that SWV are leading the way on the R&B front.

SWV (a moniker standing for Sisters With Voices) were a huge R&B vocal group in the early 90's when groups like En Vogue, Salt N Pepa, Love & Sass and TLC were making their mark on the billboard charts. They had great success with songs like "Weak", "I'm So Into You", "Right Here" and "You're The One" until they disbanded in 1998 and Cheryl "Coko" Gamble went solo with her album "Hot Coko" (which I very much enjoyed).

Now they're back with a new album titled "I Missed Us" and their first single "Co-Sign". I must say, though there is nothing new or 2012 about this album, it is nice to hear some classic 90's R&B sound for a change instead of outrageous dancebeats and professionally modified vocals.


The tracklisting for "I Missed Us" goes like so...

1) Co-Sign
2) All About You
3) Show Off
4) Everything I Love
5) Do Ya
6) The Best Years
7) I Missed Us
8) Better Than I
9) Keep You Home
10) Time To Go
11) Use Me
12) Love Unconditionally
13) If Only You Knew

Now, if only En Vogue would get back together and STAY together long enough to make an album, I would be all set! Fingers Crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment