Tuesday 28 August 2012

Turn It Up!: Roxette - The Look (Music Video)



This Thursday, my best friend and I are going to see the amazing Roxette in concert, with special Guest Opening Act, "Glass Tiger" (Oooh, my sister loved them when she was in High School lol)!

It will be our first time seeing Roxette in concert (the Swedish Duo, Marie Fredriksson and Per Gessle, have not embarked on a full on World Tour since 1995) and to mark the occasion, I have added the music video for their single "The Look" which was released in 1989 and was the third single from their second studio album "Look Sharp" (1988). This track is well known to be Roxette's "Breakthrough" song as they had only been a success in their Native Sweden and surrounding parts of Europe until its release, and became their first ever #1 hit on the US Billboard Charts.

 It's still one of my favourite tracks by them and it will be so exciting to hear it live after all these years.

Hope you love it as much as I do.

(PS. When I was a kid, I constantly got Marie Fredriksson and Susan Powter mixed up. Yes, mainly because of the hair! Embarrassing But True!)

No comments:

Post a Comment