Friday 25 November 2011

Turn It Up (Flashback): Lisa Loeb - Stay (I Missed You)



As soon as I posted the video below about Winona and mentioned the movie Reality Bites, I knew my next post would be the Stay video.

I believe Lisa still holds the record for being the first artist to reach #1 on the Billboard charts (with this song) before ever being signed to a record label. Lisa was friends with Ethan Hawke who starred in Reality Bites alongside Winona (and consequently directed this one-take music video) and he decided to give a copy of the song to the films director, Ben Stiller, and he agreed to add it to the end credits of the movie and include it on the films soundtrack. Radio stations got ahold of the song, started playing it and the rest, as they say, is history.

Stay is also available on Lisa's first full length studio album "Tails" (1995)

No comments:

Post a Comment