Friday 6 July 2012

Turn It Up!: TLC - Unpretty (Music Video)



I'm having a bit of a flashback to High School listening to this song.

For some reason I remember this video being a hell of a lot more graphic back in the day. I remember scene's of "Left Eye" driving through a rough neighbourhood with a friend and the windows of the car being shot out by gang members, and an actual visual of the breast implant being ripped out of the girls chest, causing "Chilli" to run out of the doctor's office into the parking lot.

I can understand editing the "Left Eye" scene out, out of respect since Lisa Lopes died in a car accident, but I thought the video was more powerful with those scene's in it. I think "T-Boz" had a story line in the video too but I can't remember what the hell it was. Anyone remember?

Anyway, it's still a fantastic song and a beautiful (if subdued) video, and I really like the fact that "Left Eye" is doing sign language through pretty much the entire thing.

1 comment:

  1. Searching this specifically due to 100% remembering the implant being ripped out and dropped on the operating table…. No one else??

    ReplyDelete