Sunday 26 May 2013

Liven It Up!: Carrie Fisher - Wishful Drinking (One Woman Show)



  "Hi, I'm Carrie Fisher and I'm an alcoholic!"

 About a week and a half ago, I added an interview with Carrie Fisher and her mother Debbie Reynolds from the Oprah Winfrey Show and I had mentioned that I was going to add Carrie's one woman show that was recorded and shown on HBO later that same day... well, clearly I didn't lol, but I'm adding it now!

 I've probably watched this special about 30 times since I've downloaded it and I'm still not sick of it. She has such an amazing outlook and sense of humor about her life given the things she's gone through. As she says, "If my life wasn't funny, it would just be true. And that is completely unexceptable." Her gifts as a writer and actress have molded her abilities as a great storyteller. This one woman show (named after her autobiography of the same name) focuses on many aspects of her life. From growing up the daughter of Hollywood legends (and the ins and outs of her parents famous marriages), to her infamous role as Princess Leia in the original Star Wars trilogy, to her own failed marriages (to singer Paul Simon and casting agent Brian Lourd), to her history of mental illness and drug addiction, she attacks every facet of her life with a really clever biting wit that will keep you smiling and laughing throughout.

 It is over an hour long, but it is a really great watch if you have the time. Don't be put off by her singing in the opening, there are no other musical numbers to suffer through lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment