Wednesday 29 May 2013

Turn It Up!: Idina Menzel - Brave (Music Video)



Yeah Baby! I've been listening to Idina's music for most of the day today (which really just means on the way to work and back) but I forgot how beautiful some of her pop songs are.

We all (maybe not all) know her as the Broadway Diva with the huge voice from Wicked, Rent, and The Wild Party (among many other broadway shows), but Idina is also a talented pop singer and songwriter in her own right. This song is from her 3rd studio album "I Stand" (2008) and was co-written by Glen Ballard.


The song was the first single released from "I Stand", and peaked at #19 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart. I remember when I saw her in concert during the tour for this album, I was front row and I was physically moved by this song when she performed it. Her vocals were stellar that night!

 Inspiring Song, Gorgeous Video... What more can you ask for? More pop albums from Idina, that's what! I'll definitely be adding more of her original material in the future and of course some of her broadway classics, like this gem!

No comments:

Post a Comment