Wednesday 29 May 2013

Turn It Up!: Jessie Ware - Night Light (Music Video)



  "Let me fall into your shades, you'll be my night light!"

 My brother gave me Jessie's debut album "Devotion" (2012) after his friend Dawn had insisted that I would love her sound, and y'know what? Dawn was right!

I don't know much about this 28 year old Londoner, but I really don't need to know much in order to enjoy her. What I do know, is that she used to sing back up for artists like Jack Peñate and Florence & The Machine, she's good friends with Adele (and has been described as the "missing link between Adele, SBTRKT and Sade) and she recently did her own cover version of Martika's "Love Thy Will Be Done". Although, I wasn't a huge fan of her version of that song, I must say I commend her for doing a Martika cover of any kind. Very cool choice.

 I love the song "Night Light" (the fourth single from Devotion), because it sounds very 90's to me and I love the cello in the opening of the track.

 Give it a whirl!

No comments:

Post a Comment