Sunday 19 May 2013

Turn It Up!: Dido - End Of Night (Music Video)



 I'm so in love with the new Dido album ("Girl Who Got Away" (2013)), I can't even explain it to you. In my opinion it is her best work since 2003's "Life For Rent". Her last album, Safe Trip Home (2008) was a bit of a snooze-fest but, thankfully, she is back to juxtaposing her very folk-rootsy voice with great guitar pop and mellow electronica beats which breathe so much more life into her music! Simply genius!

 Case in point, her 2nd single from the album "End Of Night". The video shows her walking through a seemingly haunted mansion with each room adorned with ghostly dancers while she sings of a relationship long past it's "sell-by" date.

 "You were ugly when the beat kicked in
And ugly when it left
And ugly all the way, I didn't see it till the end

 I feel nothing
When you cry
I hear nothing
See no need to reply
I can smile now
And turn away
Come over here
So you can see me walk away
And celebrate
The end of night"

 C'mon, are these great lyrics or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment