Sunday 19 May 2013

Turn It Up!: Kristina Train - Dark Black (Music Video)



 There are so many songs that I've been meaning to add to the blog for so long now and there aren't enough hours in the day. I've been meaning to add this one since December.

 I first heard this song when I was living with my boyfriend for 3 months at his place, helping him with his rent til he could find a new space to live. During the Christmas holidays, we would be decorating the house and baking and such, and we would have one of those Galaxy tv radio stations playing in the background. This song must've played once an hour and every time I asked him to turn it up. At first, I was struck by the simplicity of the music (which almost reminds me of Whiter Shade Of Pale) and the soulful richness of Kristina's voice, but then when I started to pay attention to the lyrics I just thought, what a perfect song. Chris found it sad (which it is), but I thought that it was so beautiful how she conveys the melancholy of missing someone or something so much that it saddens you to the point where the color and vibrancy of the world seems to dull in your eyes. Who doesn't know that feeling?.

 The rest of Kristina's album (also titled Dark Black) is just as fantastic. Her voice is so smooth and sultry that it makes it easy to get hooked on her.

 "What good is a rainbow, if the picture is in black and in white?"

No comments:

Post a Comment