Thursday 23 May 2013

Turn It Up!: Justin Timberlake - Mirrors (Music Video)



 Alright, here are my thoughts on Mr. Timberlake. I like most of his music (although a bit pretentious at times) but there's something about him that bugs me and I can't figure out what it is. Aside from the fact that (for some reason) he seems to think he's black, there's a quality to him that I just find fake and annoying. I don't trust white boys from Tennessee who have Wigga accents and maybe it's because of how he handled the whole Janet Jackson nipple flash at the Superbowl, but I guess he seems to be very self serving.

 Be that as it may, I do laugh my ass off whenever I see him on SNL and the bulk of his music is pretty funky. The above song is definitely my favorite track from his new album "The 20/20 Experience" (I wonder if he owes Barbara Walters royalties for that album title?), but what is going on with the end of this video? I get the whole "3 time periods in one couples evolution" idea. The whole thing makes sense until he and his Lady Gaga looking back up dancer show up. I'm Confuzzled!

 Pretentious indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment