Friday 24 May 2013

Turn It Up!: Pebbles - Giving You The Benefit (Music Video)


 "Just take the benefit, don't give me no lip and I'll be sweet to you!" 

Had to add this song, it came on my i-pod when I was driving home from work today and I was jamming and singing along to it so hard!

 Perri "Pebbles" Reid was an R&B and Dance Pop artist / entrepreneur who had three successful albums back in the 80's to mid 90's and also ran her own music production company, Pebbitone, which discovered and helped form the group TLC. "Giving You The Benefit" was the first single from her second studio album "Always" (1990), and charted at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 list and was #1 for 3 weeks on the R&B charts, becoming one of her most successful singles.

 After accusing her of mismanaging their money (which she denies) and declaring bankruptcy, the members of TLC left Pebbitone, and following her divorce from record executive L.A. Reid, Pebbles left the pop music world and has since become an ordained Minister and now releases gospel music under the stage name, "Sister Perri".

 She looked smokin' hot in this video, I'm surprised she wasn't a model!

No comments:

Post a Comment